Bathroom Sink Ideas - Often times, when a bathroom renovation is planned the last thing the average homeowner thinks about is the sink. There are the tiles to consider, the tub and shower, the walls, the lighting. Sometimes the sink can get left behind. And this is too bad considering what an impact your bathroom sink can have on the whole renovation.
- Obviously, there are many choices when it comes to a bathroom sink, and many factors to consider. Aside from your budget and overall design, the size of the bathroom and storage element must also come into play. Here are a few bathroom sink ideas to consider:
- Classic Vanity - This is the old standard. Sink on top of a vanity. It can be created to suit your style, and it does offer storage, but it can definitely take up space if you have a smaller bathroom.
- Pedestal Sink - This sink is very classy and elegant looking. Absolutely no storage, but a great space saver and great to look at.
- Wall Mounted - This type of sink can give a really interesting effect in your bathroom because it almost looks as if it is floating out of the wall. Often times there will be a small box constructed underneath, hiding any pipes for a nice, crisp look. Again, great for space, not so much for storage.
- Console Sink - This is perhaps the best of all worlds if both space and storage are on your mind. A console sink is compact, but also has ample storage space and counter space to suit all your needs.
Whichever you choose, just be sure to stick to your budget and your overall design plans. Choose a sink that is you and you can never go wrong.
Bathroom Sinks Ideas in Bathroom Remodeling Project
An easy way to update your bathroom is to change the sink. This is generally a cheap project and quite easy to do yourself. This article will discuss some of the bathroom sinks that you may want to consider.
There are two basic designs of bathroom sink fixtures. There is the vanity and pedestal sink arrangement.
The vanity sink is simply a sink on top of a vanity unit. The vanity unit is the most obvious thing about the fixture that you can inject a bit of your personality into or help to create a theme in your bathroom. There are many different styles to choose from but ultimately it comes down to what you like. The unit has two purposes. The first is to store stuff in. If you have a need for lots of storage space in your bathroom then this might influence your choice of vanity unit. The second purpose is to hide pipes that connect the sink to the water supply. The piping is relatively unobtrusive but some people prefer not to see it.
A pedestal sink is the exact opposite of a vanity sink, in that it does show the piping. It simply attaches to the wall with a bracket or two. All the plumbing behind the sink is exposed. This is probably the easiest sink to install as there is very little to do. Simply turn the water of and remove the old sink. Add the brackets if needed and then attach the sink. Connect the pipes and the sink is ready to go. Pedestal sinks are also used in small bathrooms where there is not much space for vanity units or other storage units.
Another thing to consider with your new sink is the shape of the sink. The standard and most common sense shape is oval or even bowl shaped. However, if you want a original look to your bathroom you can get any shape you want. Square sinks are popular if you want it to stand out.
Finally, another consideration is the material that the sink is made from. Most sinks are made of porcelain. It is noted for it's durability and that it does not stain. Other materials that could be used include pottery and glass. Both these materials can bring unique styles or themes to your bathroom.
- Title: Traditional Bathroom Sink Bowl Ideas
- Date: March 1, 2016
- CAtegory: Bathroom
- By: Stevanus Kevin
- Resolution: 800 x 600
Bathroom Sink, Bathroom Sink Picture, Bathroom Vanity, Small Bathroom Sink